Custom Laser Applique Embroidery Capabilities & Applications
Laser applique embroidery, also known as digital applique, is a decoration method used to achieve that classic layered embroidery look that has been commonly used on outerwear for decades. At Merchology, we use the laser applique embroidery process to make your corporate logo or custom design pop from the surface of sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets and more. If you'd like to order laser applique embroidered products please reach out to us directly, as it is subject to availability.
Custom Applique Embroidered Products Include…
Applications for Laser Applique Embroidered Apparel
When to Use Laser Applique Embroidery as a Decoration Method
Laser applique embroidery isn’t the easiest decoration method, but it does give your custom apparel some added pizazz. The layered lettering look that can be achieved by applique embroidery is super popular with college apparel. Digital applique embroidery is probably the right decoration method for you if…
- You want a textured design – like traditional embroidery, laser applique embroidered design and logos are raised from the surface of the garment, giving it a 3D look. The advantage laser applique embroidery provides is that you can save on stitches on more detailed designs.
- You want a large embroidered logo – speaking of saving stitches, applique embroidery can also save you stitches (and money!) for larger embroidered logos. It’s perfect for those big logos often seen on the chest of sweatshirts and hoodies!
- You’re decorating sweatshirts or jackets – because digital applique embroidered logos are heavy, they should really only be used on heavier garments like custom sweatshirts, hoodies or jackets.
When Should I Consider a Different Decoration Method?
- You are decorating custom hats or bags – applique embroidery needs to be done on a flat surface, so it is not ideal for hats and bags. If you’re customizing a non-flat piece of apparel, consider standard embroidery or 3D puff embroidery.
- You are not customizing fabric – like traditional embroidery, laser applique embroidery can only be performed on fabric. If you are decorating hard goods like custom pens, notebooks, golf balls or electronics, consider another decoration method; such as screen printing, pad printing, foil stamping or laser engraving.
- You are decorating a lightweight fabric – lighter weight garments like t-shirts and polo shirts will have a harder time supporting the weight of an applique logo. If you’re decorating a lightweight product, consider traditional embroidery or screen printing.
Now that you are familiar with our laser applique embroidery capabilities, check out how we achieve this layered embroidery look in our guide to laser applique embroidery. Still not sure if this is the decoration method for you? Read up on our Complete Customization Methods Guide or get in touch with us to get all your questions answered.